Wednesday, June 14, 2017

A Morning Over Pancakes, Flowers and a Lap Full of Toddlers


It's been a year of wonderful, of grace, of a mirror image of his love for his children; a year of sunshine, of happiness, of milestones and firsts; it's been a year of tears and laughter, of growing, changing and discovering. It's been a year since my little peanut was born and she is beautiful, sensitive, loving and everything I always hoped for in a little girl.

Aslynn Tatum, you are one!














She is especially fond of her brothers, as they love to love and hold and protect her. They talk to her just like a baby would want to be talked to. She loves to walk around and discover things by trying them in her mouth. It is an ongoing effort to keep the floors clean on both of our ends.

She has two bottom teeth and two more that are making their grand appearance on top, though I doubt she finds them to be anything but grand, as it has caused lots of comfortableness, fussiness and sleepless nights for both her, myself and dad.
She loves to clap and sing, and will dance on cue. She loves be tickled especially this little piggy.

She squeals a tiny squeal every time daddy walks in the door from being on the road, but then soon after, she is looking for me. <3

I love her dimples and smile. I love how when she does smile, her eyes smile as well, and her pig tails give her that extra little spunk of girly-ness. I love her demeanor and how dainty and elegant she is.

I have found my heart to be so full this past year with Aslynn a part of our family. My love for her is so eminent, I often find it hard to imagine a time when I didn't love her...I don't think there is one. 

It is different having a girl after four boys for she has needs they never had, and she has a sensitivity about her, that the boys did not ever acquire. It's new and beautiful and wonderful and even indescribable, and am filled with elation just thinking about the years to come and this precious gift that God has bestowed on our sweet family. 




No comments:

Post a Comment