Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Happy Spring & Happy Third Trimester!



Only three more months and we get to meet this sweet little baby girl!
I can not wait to see and hold her and to soak up every moment of newness that will come with her arrival. 

I am a little nervous for Austin and how he will do as far as adjusting to all the changes that are about to take place, but I hope that he transitions well.
It has become a lot easier with the big boys being older, to distribute my attention to them equally. I try to make sure that I do things with ALL of them, as well as finding those little moments in between with each of them.
The boys are so forgiving when I lack in that area and I look for those special opportunities for one on one time with each of them so that I can sit and talk, or read, or answer questions, or help with a puzzle, tie a shoe, fix a boo boo.
I want to make sure that I always make time for those special moments and not brush them off because I was too busy, or the baby was crying, or I just didn't feel like taking the time.

I have a lot of special memories as a child growing up and I desperately want those same memories for my boys.
It's a day to day challenge and it's not easy! I find myself asking my kids for forgiveness often, but am so thankful for God's grace and my children's forgiving hearts.

With this little girl in the mix I feel like we will all dote on her.
I feel like the boys will be proud big brothers and protectors and I love making them feel special about this blessing that God has placed in their lives. 

I told Noah the other day, "God is giving you a great privilege and responsibility by giving you a baby sister. He must think you will make a great protector and example to her. That you'll show her what true kindness and compassion looks like in the hearts of men." He beamed with pride and says, "I know it! I will definitely protect her and show her all sorts of things."

Made this momma's heart melt into a big puddle.






No comments:

Post a Comment