Thursday, January 4, 2018

Christmas & New Years


We are four days into the new year and I still can't stop day dreaming over how wonderful Christmas was. I've been listening to this song on repeat, and it has my mind completely wrapped around the thought of Jesus coming as a baby to save us and one day, Oh, how I can not wait for that one day, when he will return once again! Can you believe it?!
Christmas was magical this year in so many ways! My babies, another year older really got into all of the Holiday traditions with me. We baked lots of cakes and cookies, sang Happy birthday to Jesus, did a lesson on the Candy Cane; something I love doing with them because it is such a precious reminder of why we celebrate Christmas to begin with. We read lots of adorable Christmas books, watched fun Christmas movies, drank entirely too much hot chocolate with entirely too many marsh mellows, wrapped Christmas gifts, took a drive out to see the lights, watched ice skating at the Courthouse square and colored pretty pictures of baby Jesus in a manger. Each picture was drawn and colored by three extremely different perspectives and that is one thing I love about my boys so much, is how unique they are. How fearfully and wonderfully they are made.
With the new year already welcoming itself right into our homes, I have spent the last few days reflecting on things that I would like to accomplish, and habits I would like to break and make this year. Last year I made a resolution to complete a one year devotion with the boys. This year I got a new devotion book for them and I am super excited to start another year of devotions with them. I love this one because it also emphasizes the importance of prayer and teaches them how to have a prayerful life and relationship with God. <3
My second resolution is to do my best to stay healthy and start running again! I've already looked up 5 and 10Ks to do this Spring and I've been irritating my husband to death over the Whole 30 cook book that I am itching to purchase and begin as soon as I can get my hands on it. Being healthy is definitely a lifestyle change, and I wouldn't say we live a very unhealthy lifestyle, we rarely eat fast food and I don't buy a lot of sweets, but I definitely want to explore and learn how to cook different healthy meals so we don't get too bored and find ourselves with unhealthy eating habits. It's something I am and have always been passionate about and to pass this lifestyle down to my kids is extra important to me!

And my last resolution, but certainly not least is to be STILL more! To slow down and enjoy a simple, slow pace life. Last year I feel as if my mind was constantly weighed down with so much stress, anxiety, to do lists, deadlines, and errands that I sometimes couldn't think strait. My family came second far too often than not and instead of being present for all of those moments and weekends of just us, my mind wandered about things that were left undone. I don't want to be that mom who is stuck on her computer all day while her kids are begging for attention. I want to be present and involved in every way and in every form and this year I have decided to slow down immensely with photography and ONLY commit to things I am passionate about. I think many of you moms out there can relate to life's constant tugs that keep us always on our feet.
I'm going to really be focusing on this verse all year long and bringing it to life in my every day!
           
                                                         .................................................


A few other things that are on my to do list for this year:
-organize our small house. I have lots of pinterest worthy ideas brewing and I am super excited to make our space a more liveable, organized and inviting space!
-Plan a trip to California to visit my dad and Papa and family! I have a dream of driving across country and pit stopping in Aurora, Co to visit my cousins, then wandering around Moab, UT and hiking the red rocks, scooting over to the grand canyon, because...let's just be honest, who hasnt ever wanted to see the grand canyon in person!? Then we would meet grandpa at Dinsey Land and then head on up to Anderson! The boys are ants in your pants excited, but I am just hoping a trip like this will work out!
-Complete my first 10K...I've not ran a 10K in so long, I'm extremely nervous to attempt a long run like this, so lots of training is in my near future.
-Spending lots of time at home playing around the yard, feeding the chickens, picking flowers and splashing in the creek, and venturing to the lake, camping, swimming and rope swinging!
-Reading mounds of books! Something I love to do, but never seem to have enough time to actually finish in a timely matter.
-And of course, take more pictures of my babies and capturing those treasured, in between moments that are a lasting imprint on our minds and hearts.

Here are a few of those: 


Hanging the pretty garland the boys helped me make


a picture in all of their pajamas...some of us do not like pajamas..apparently!


Raise your hand if you think I'm cute!


The little Tuckers will forever have my heart <3


Christmas cookie making with my littles


In between all of the Christmas ruckus, my Ash lost his front tooth!


Austin loved posing in front of the Christmas tree, almost as if he knew he was prettiest twinkle of them all..



The kiddos out in their FIRST snow day of the year and how magical it was!






Happy New year everyone!

1 comment:

  1. So happy to see that you've been blogging again Jacy. You are such an incredible young lady and God has blessed me with your beautiful friendship. I love you and your wonderful family. God answered my prayers for you when he brought Randall into your life and I thank Him for that and thank Randall for being the man and husband you've always deserved.

    Once again, you have made my heart smile!

    ReplyDelete