Sunday, January 6, 2019

Being more present and the hope for Spring

The last two days we have rejoiced in 60 degree sunshine pouring into the corners of our home, warming our hearts with the hope of nice weather in our future.
I think I laughed out loud earlier when I heard someone say, "I better water my mud, it's looking a little dry." We have seriously had the wettest year that I can ever remember and my hope for this year is lots of beautiful sunny days that we can embellish in and a little less rain. My back yard is a giant depressing mud slide and with the lack of any snowy days, I've given up the hope for sleighing and have went strait to the desire for Spring and warm weather.

The last couple years I find myself here in this little space, skipping across the keyboard around the new year; perhaps in hopes to start blogging more regularly. Since I know trying to blog on a regular basis is a somewhat difficult task, I'm just going to try and be content in blogging every January.

January is a slow month for us. A lot of time for reading, eating and puzzles. My business is slow and extra curricular activities are rare, so I love January and getting to slow down and be more present. It has quickly become one of my very favorite months and there is so much time for dreaming and planning for the months to come.

Present [prez-uhnt] adjective 1. being, existing, or occurring at this time, or now; current
2. At this time; at hand; immediate

My word for this year is "present!" Last year I chose the word still and I loved seeing how it immensely made such an impact when applying it to every day. Choosing to eliminate the noise and learning to say no to it brought a sense of peace and assurance in my life. There was much more rejoicing than sorrow, so much more feeling and giving Thanks, then feeling discontent, much more feeling close to the ones I loved and less feeling disconnected from everything and everyone.
I love prayerfully choosing a word every year. This year my word is present. I want to put my computer and phone down and be more intentional. I want to play games, and take walks. I want to go on scavenger hunts and teach my little guys how to cook. I want to read books and have more than a handful of valuable conversations with my husband. I want to be present in my relationships and with God! I want to give Him my time and attention and this verse is really ringing truth in my journey to being more present. Such wonderful things that God reminds us to think on, as well as things to not worry about!



Praying that everyone has the most wonderful year this year, filled with blessings and fun memories! Happy 2019!!



No comments:

Post a Comment