Sunday, February 21, 2016

The Last Bit of Winter + a 24 week Bump







Winter has gone by surprisingly fast for me this year. I am sure that having my husband gone so much, working, leaving me reaching for every weekend, has something to do with it.

I have found myself wishing days and weeks away, but am humbly reminded that even when i am anxious or looking forward to the future, I don't want to wish life away or miss special moments or grace filled blessings because I was too busy wanting time to be over with.

"Each new day brings new adventures! New memories to build, new chances to love and nurture and new opportunities abound, as we create loving atmospheres for our families. The precious moments are lived out right alongside those regular routines.
Every day with it brings with it, the joyful anticipation of surprises, blessings, unforgettable moments and the increase of love. Enjoy the adventurous life in your home today."
-M Kauenhofen

After reading this excerpt today I was greatly encouraged to take a minute and reflect on all the good things to be thankful for in my every day here at home. It is so hard not having my husband here and my heart aches for him while he's gone, but I love having this treasured opportunity to share, teach, instruct and love my littles all the while, watching them grow and change every day.

This life, even the mundane is adventurous and there is so much to be thankful for. There is so much beauty hiding in the corners of these long, exhausting days at home. 
And that is what makes my heart the most happy, is finding that beauty.





Speaking of things to be thankful for, I am so thankful to be having such a wonderful pregnancy with this sweet baby girl.
I am 24 weeks with 16 to go! I can't believe six months of come and gone just like that, but am so thrilled to watch her due date approach along with Spring come into bloom...
So much happiness bottled up in one!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment