Monday, February 29, 2016

This time last year...


This time last year, I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of this little guy, Austin Clay!
It's amazing to me how quick one year can fly by, though there were so many memories made, milestones achieved and experiences that will forever be treasured.

As we embark on turning ONE years old, I wanted to capture each month. I believe that with photographing memories, it's almost, in a way like pushing the pause button on life, even if for a moment. 

This day was nothing but an ordinary Sunday afternoon, but it's special to me because it's a day that God gave us to be thankful for the little things, to love the people around us and to know that we are loved in return. It's special because after today, it is only a memory that we are able to keep in our hearts.

It's never easy watching your little ones turn a year older. With every year they grow, a piece of your heart is left with their littleness that they leave behind, but one thing that keeps my mind at ease is finding the beauty in the midst of our messy, but wonderful life, despite how fast time passes us on by. I like grasping onto those things so that when I am older and my littles are older, I still have those treasures to look back on.


A few things that you are doing now:
Walking!!!
Talking and a lot! I am sure to us it is just jibberesh, but for you it is serious talk!
You have four teeth and LOVE to eat. You're like a little piggy sometimes and you even snort when you laugh.
You wave the cutest little wave with your cute little hand and say "bye bye" 
You look for daddy around the house anytime someone says his name.
You love playing with your brothers and are always right there with them, observing their menacing, perhaps even taking notes.
You are the happiest little guy I know, other than your older brother Asher. You two will be extremely close one day I believe as you are both very loving and humorous and seem to share a lot of common ground for little people.

I don't want to let this littlness of yours go, I wish I could hold on to it for as long as my heart desires, but I know it is God's will for time to march on and as it does, your mommy is right here soaking up all of this sweetness that life has to offer and that God has bestowed.

Happy 11 months baby boy!


::















No comments:

Post a Comment